Symptoms of trauma bonding with your partner or parents include:
- You are more afraid of being alone than you are of your abuser.
- The idea of leaving them makes you feel upset.
- No matter how much they mistreat you, you can't stand to see them fall in love with someone else (romantic relationships).
- You worry that you will perish without them.
- They have total influence over your life.
- You wouldn't advise your friend to continue in a situation like that.
- When they conduct small acts of compassion, you second-guess your belief that they are an abuser and feel bad.
- You get the impression that they have finally transformed during their occasional displays of goodwill.
- They make you feel guilty and miserable by being kind to you and pressuring you to stay and promise to change everytime you finally gather the strength to leave.
- Abuse and love are in a continual cycle that alternates.
- You experience them as the centre of your world.
- There are times when you hate them and wonder why you want to stay with them.
- You go to great efforts to make them happy and feel unique in the hopes that they would reciprocate your love and refrain from mistreating you.
Note:-This information contained in this blog isintended for information only and should not be substituted for professional healp.
Post a Comment