I have already written a lot about narcissism like what is it, how does it affect family functioning and its various aspects. Today we will see the reasons for which is highly recommended by therapists, life coaches, and fellow victims that physically escaping the narcissist is the only way to escape their abuse and heal. No matter how much therapy and exercises one does healing is not possible. This article has been written for highly empathetic people who, knowing that some sort of past trauma has caused the narcissistic or sociopathic traits in a loved one, especially a spouse are unable to leave them.
The various reasons based on the pieces of information shared by victims and professionals in this field are as follows:-
- You cannot have a healing journal. You do not have enough personal space and safe boundaries at home for healing journaling. Even if you get to do it, they will read it and use it against you. Like they will attribute all marital issues and shortcomings in your parenting to your mental health issues or past traumas. They will steal information about your other relationship dynamics to prove that "you are the one with problems" during a fight. They will learn what can empower you and will do everything to prevent it from happening to keep you weak and dependent on them. They can use information about your trauma from your blood family(if you have any) and pass that information to related people creating further trauma and dysfunctionality in your blood family.
- You cannot practice healthy boundaries with them. Boundaries are an essential part of a healthy relationship and they give time and space for mindful healing and repair work. But they would want you to serve their moody needs irrespective of their effect on your wellbeing.
- You cannot grieve your traumas and losses. Some narcissists get really mad seeing their victims cry or being extremely sad in front of them if they are in the mood to have fun or pretend to have a normal or perfect family and spouse. When they want you to match their mood, you are not allowed to feel what you are feeling. Allowing yourself to feel your truest emotion is the key to emotional intelligence which in turn allows healing from trauma and abuse.
- You cannot practice healthy parenting. They control your parenting which makes you abuse your kids unconsciously/uncontrollably sometimes and they also directly abuse, use, manipulate and sometimes traumatize your kids in front of you. This adds up to your trauma continuously. It's like one step forward and ten steps backward in your healing.
- You cannot get benefitted from mental and physical exercises recommended by your therapist. If they get to know that you are doing something for the healing and betterment of your life, they will get jealous and are extremely insecure about themselves. They are known for unhealthy competition and chronic insecurity. They cannot see anyone get better or higher in life especially their near and dear ones. They are people who don't believe in themselves enough to put an effort to win the race by doing better, but rather they pull others down to feel "being above them". And when they are not jealous they are careless and want to see everyone around them following a routine totally controlled by them, be it sleeping, relaxing, doing chores, taking care of kids, spiritual practices, and so on.
- You cannot afford therapy and other means. They are financial abusers. They feel entitled to control family finances even if the other spouse contributes to earnings. You cannot use their money for your personal betterment and you also cannot use your own money for something they don't approve of.
- You cannot have a stable career to support your therapy. They do not contribute to house chores and parenting. Also, they won't let you have a routine of your choice so that you can balance work, parenting, relaxation, and enjoyment. They are too insecure to see you grow. Even if you have one, it will only contribute to your stress and trauma as they will never stop interfering with it. Remember that they don't have relationships, they keep hostages and they control their lives.
- You cannot have social support for healing. They have already ruin your social life. They have recruited flying monkeys around you in the name of a social circle. Most of the family friends think "you" are the problem. Gaslighting from multiple places is what I available for you in the name of social support until you break free, heal and create a new social circle.
- You cannot get any better living with someone who is programmed to see everyone either as a "threat" or a "prey". They are insecure to the core. They have a false belief that makes them hate and fear everyone around them. They have a brain structure and functioning that prevents them think and behave in a normal healthy way. Their inflated ego won't let them accept the fact that anything is wrong with them and therefore they will never seek help. No victim has ever claimed that their narcissist got healed and got better therapy. Not yet.
- Last but not the least, you cannot heal a wound from being stabbed while the knife is still inside you, which is the most practical way in which the whole dynamics can be explained to someone.
Your healing should start with escaping them and never punishing them Punishing is further messing and staying in some sort of (even it is hateful) relationship. It has been said by numerous professionals in this field that, "the best way to win a fight/argument with a narcissist is to not have one". These are people who are always on "Fight" mode" as told by Pete Walker in his famous book on C-PTSD. Due to life-altering trauma, their brain and autonomic nervous system have become dysfunctional. People lying very high on the scale of narcissism are not capable of getting any kind of healing. Therefore it is best advised to leave them and if you have sympathy for them you can pray to God for healing them. Remember that you must leave for a better future for yourself and your kids because getting traumatized in their hands will NOT heal them.
17 Subtle Signs A Woman Is Romantically Interested In Your Partner.
8 Things Narcissists Do To Control Your Social Life.
No, You Are Not Crazy! You Are Being Gaslighted.
14 Reasons Why Women Don't "Just Leave" Abusive relationships?
14 Signs Your Partner Is Controlling.
17 Signs Of A Controlling Manipulative Friend?
Why Does He Do That? What’s wrong with abusive men?
Do this to control your anger towards your kids.
Difference between Fear and Anxiety.
This Could Be The Reason Why Your Soul Is Exhausted.
Panic Attack: Simplified for the layman.
This is why people love your abuser while they hate you!
32 Simple Reasons Why Someone is Not Texting You Back.
Holy Narcissists: 14 Reasons why narcissists hide in religious communities.
Why Having A Baby Won't Fix Your Marriage.
20 Things Narcissists Say When They Are Gaslighting You.
This will happen if you idealize your abusive parents.
Trauma bonding : How your brain fools you into thinking that you are in love.
9 tips for surviving this valentine's without love from outside.
14 Ways to Find Out if Someone Has a Crush on You!
18 Things to do if you want to raise mentally and physically strong kids.
6 Tips for detoxing sibling bonds in dysfunctional families.
5 Things parents do to empower their daughters that actually harm them.
Shocking reasons why nobody respects you and 18 steps to fix it!
10 Steps to save your child from abuse at school.
4 Tips For Protecting Your Child from Abuse at Day Care.
Forgiveness- What It Is, What It's Not!
16 Tips For Setting Boundaries with Adult Children.
"Burn Book" for EMOTIONAL AWARENESS.
Is It Better To Be Single Or In A Relationship With A Narcissist? - A comparative analysis .
20 Signs Someone Actually, Genuinely likes you.
13 Warning Signs of A Spiritual Narcissist and How To Deal With Them.
What Exactly is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
13 Warning Signs Your Husband is Abusive & Outright Dangerous.
Should you stay friends with an ex?
This Is Why Some People Cannot Help Being Sad And Miserable : If You Had Controlling Parents
10 Signs You Have a Lousy Spouse!
16 Tips for Dealing with your Toxic Parents
Protecting Children From Sexual Abuse| When You Are A Stay At Home Parent.
How To NOT Preach A Family With Domestic Violence Issues ?| A Word For Preachers and Clergy Men!
Why Is Spirituality Important?
What does Depression Looks like?
18 Tips For Happy, Anxiety Free And Peaceful Life Amidst The Covid Crisis.
14 Keys for Narcissists to Change Toward the Higher Self
Why You Might Feel Like the Most Emotional And Sensitive Person
When Mothers Day Hurts : Dysfunctional Families
10 Ways In Which A Narcissist Makes You Regret Having A Conversation With Them.
10 Reasons Why You Cannot Heal While Still Being With A Narcissist.
Words Of Assurance For New Moms In Narcissistic Dysfunctional Nuclear Families.
Co-parenting With A Narcissist
Happiness Only Money Can Buy For Narc Abuse Victims
It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed material. Fantastic read.Best counseling for relationship problem service provider.ReplyDelete
Even if you attempt to make someone do anything against their will, it won't work. You may, however, change the way you speak to your partner. The other person's behavior will start to change if you continue to do this over time without needing to put any pressure on them. Success counselingReplyDelete