- Telling them to focus only and only on studies. The more they study the more the degrees and the more the degrees the more the money and power. Well, This belief is very common in modern Indian culture. News websites have ample amount of examples of suicide cases attempted by top scholars. Degrees, marks, and jobs don't guarantee a great life unless one has great mental health and social skills which cannot be acquired if one is solely focused on academics all life.
- Discouraging them to learn house chores. I personally know a lot of girls who are very proud of not knowing cooking and other chores. It's okay if someone is born and married in exceptionally rich families because otherwise, everyone needs to learn regular chores in order to survive a normal life, especially after marriage. We all have experienced this very precisely during the covid19 lockdown period. It's not cool to not know things you need to do to live. Goes for both genders. If you observe you will see that little kids feel very happy if you allow them to help you with chores they like. This is the age where we should start encouraging to participate. This not only makes them capable but also lessens our burden. Moreover, nothing is more healthy and nutritious than a home-cooked meal.
- Shaming them or not encouraging them to show interest in traditional crafting. Till my mother's generation every Indian girl knew how to crochet, knit, sew, and other such crafts. Earlier this was the way of life. Men and women both knew a set of skills that made their lives convenient. But with industrialization God knows who brainwashed Indians into thinking that making things at home is a sign of financial weakness due to which people feel ashamed of using handmade products like woolen wears etc which were proudly worn till the last generation. According to psychology, crafting and engaging in other creative work is highly helpful in improving and maintaining great mental health and it is also a wonderful way of showing love to someone.
- Expecting them to be equal to or excel boys. Why for the love of God, why? Why this race. God created two genders so that they can complement each other. Both are different and unique in their own ways and add beauty to family life in their own unique ways. We need to teach our children to have mutual respect for the other gender so that they can live in harmony with their spouses later on in life while playing their parts honestly.
- Showing unnecessary pity for housewives or full-time moms. Being financially dependent definitely empowers a woman but it should be completely her choice which she should be allowed to decide as per her circumstances. “Working” or “not working” should not be forced upon any woman, not even subtly(by shaming, mocking, or showing unnecessary pity for other women who choose to be a homemaker or stay at home moms) in front of her. Girls raised in homes with this belief system fall prey to depression and low self-esteem later in life if they are unable to maintain a job due to their circumstances like health, family circumstances, or relationship issues which definitely doesn’t make them feel empowered. Apart from this I personally know women who are earning six-figure salaries but don’t even have any right to decide what they want to buy for groceries as they are living a life controlled by their spouse and on the other hand, there are housewives who are living a life of dignity while being financially dependent on responsible husbands.
Connect with me on Facebook for more such blogs and memes
17 Subtle Signs A Woman Is Romantically Interested In Your Partner.
8 Things Narcissists Do To Control Your Social Life.
No, You Are Not Crazy! You Are Being Gaslighted.
14 Reasons Why Women Don't "Just Leave" Abusive relationships?
14 Signs Your Partner Is Controlling.
17 Signs Of A Controlling Manipulative Friend?
Why Does He Do That? What’s wrong with abusive men?
Do this to control your anger towards your kids.
Difference between Fear and Anxiety.
This Could Be The Reason Why Your Soul Is Exhausted.
Panic Attack: Simplified for the layman.
This is why people love your abuser while they hate you!
32 Simple Reasons Why Someone is Not Texting You Back.
Holy Narcissists: 14 Reasons why narcissists hide in religious communities.
Why Having A Baby Won't Fix Your Marriage.
20 Things Narcissists Say When They Are Gaslighting You.
This will happen if you idealize your abusive parents.
Trauma bonding : How your brain fools you into thinking that you are in love.
9 tips for surviving this valentine's without love from outside.
14 Ways to Find Out if Someone Has a Crush on You!
18 Things to do if you want to raise mentally and physically strong kids.
6 Tips for detoxing sibling bonds in dysfunctional families.
5 Things parents do to empower their daughters that actually harm them.
Shocking reasons why nobody respects you and 18 steps to fix it!
10 Steps to save your child from abuse at school.
4 Tips For Protecting Your Child from Abuse at Day Care.
Forgiveness- What It Is, What It's Not!
16 Tips For Setting Boundaries with Adult Children.
"Burn Book" for EMOTIONAL AWARENESS.
Is It Better To Be Single Or In A Relationship With A Narcissist? - A comparative analysis .
20 Signs Someone Actually, Genuinely likes you.
13 Warning Signs of A Spiritual Narcissist and How To Deal With Them.
What Exactly is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
13 Warning Signs Your Husband is Abusive & Outright Dangerous.
Should you stay friends with an ex?
This Is Why Some People Cannot Help Being Sad And Miserable : If You Had Controlling Parents
10 Signs You Have a Lousy Spouse!
16 Tips for Dealing with your Toxic Parents
Protecting Children From Sexual Abuse| When You Are A Stay At Home Parent.
How To NOT Preach A Family With Domestic Violence Issues ?| A Word For Preachers and Clergy Men!
Why Is Spirituality Important?
What does Depression Looks like?
18 Tips For Happy, Anxiety Free And Peaceful Life Amidst The Covid Crisis.
14 Keys for Narcissists to Change Toward the Higher Self
Why You Might Feel Like the Most Emotional And Sensitive Person
When Mothers Day Hurts : Dysfunctional Families
10 Ways In Which A Narcissist Makes You Regret Having A Conversation With Them.
10 Reasons Why You Cannot Heal While Still Being With A Narcissist.
Words Of Assurance For New Moms In Narcissistic Dysfunctional Nuclear Families.
Co-parenting With A Narcissist
Happiness Only Money Can Buy For Narc Abuse Victims
Post a Comment