No matter how much we love our children every day we need to part from them for carrying out normal functions of our and our kid's daily lives. There is so much mention of crimes against children these days in news and media that we often worry about the well-being and safety of our kids.
Here are 10 tips that can be used to ensure the safety of our children from any sort of abuse that is likely to happen during school hours:-
- If the child uses school transport then keep a copy of the ID proof of the driver and keep a check of time. If there are any changes in a pick or drop then inquire about it carefully with the child and driver. If your child is uncomfortable, talk to her. The driver can be changed in mild issues and severe issues contact school authorities or police whichever is suitable for the situation.
- Generally, kids love to go to school because there they have their social circle. But if your kid is frightened and tries to find excuses to avoid going to school then probe the underlying reason. Among the various reasons, one could be possible abuse from a classmate, senior, teacher, or staff.
- Talk to your kid about the problem and try to solve it if it has an academic basis like the child is not performing well and is scared of the subject teacher.
- If a particular teacher is punishing your kid out of some grudge then talk to the teacher and if the issue is still resolved report to higher authorities.
- If the teacher is abusive in general then talk to other parents and report collectively as a group with higher authorities.
- If the issue involves a senior student or a classmate then talking to the class teacher principal will get it done. In severe cases contact parents or police as required.
- In case of any hints of sexual abuse, carefully talk to your kid while assuring him that you trust him and, are able to protect him. Immediately stop sending the kid to school and take him to counsel for healing. Along with this take necessary actions against the abuser. You can also talk to other parents to know if there are more abused kids out there. This will make the case stronger and the abused will be punished easily.
- Before sending your kid for an overnight stay at a camp or any other school outing/trip contact the concerned teachers and staff and clear all your doubts. And afterward, talk to your kids about everything they liked or disliked about the trip.
- Do not send your little kids to private tuitions with a male tutor who is not well known to you. Prefer home tuitions or group tuitions.
- You should be aware of the extra time your kids spend before and after school or tuitions.
Connect with me on Facebook for more such blogs and memes